The Technical Support Manager oversees the Support Team and Supervisors and provides timely delivery of quality technical support service to TISSL clients. To maintain and enhance customer relationships to meet organisational and operational objectives.
The Technical Support Manager provides a reliable point of contact for TISSL customers to gain assistance in troubleshooting, get answers to questions, and solve problems.
Management skills and flexibility in working hours are required for this busy but varied role.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing a Help Desk Support team of 10 by evaluating their performance, providing guidance and directing the daily operations of the team
• Plan and maintain work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of team members
• Maintain employee work schedules including cover for absenteeism and shift rota changes
• Maintain open communication and appropriately communicate information through team meetings, one-to-one meetings, appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication
• Track customer tickets and resolutions
• Provide effective performance feedback and undertake performance reviews for team members
• Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
• Encourage disciplines in relation to punctuality, dress code, use of email and other good business practices
• Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functioning of the department
• Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
• Any other duties which may be required and deemed appropriate to the level of the role
• Strong leadership skills essential
• Solid technical background in an EPoS environment with an ability to give instructions to non-technical customers
• Hospitality industry experience preferred
• Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
• Ability to work in team and lead a team
• Able to manage both personal workload and departmental workloads
• To be able to work under pressure
• Eye for detail and proven ability to identify and resolve problems
• Planning and organising skills
• Self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic
• Professional image and smart appearance
• Hands on experience with help desk and remote control software
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
How to apply?
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com including an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter.