POS Menu and Training Consultant- Overview
The role of the POS Menu and Training Consultant is central to the delivery of the TISSL product to the client. It involves working with the TISSL internal teams and the client directly to build the system by creating and configuring their restaurant POS system with the latest menus, promotions and pricing, testing the changes and implementing it. You will be required to deliver training based on the configured system.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Data / Menu build
- Gather information and create the necessary specifications for the POS system
- Coordinate activities with internal departments to ensure proper requirements, configuration and testing procedures are followed.
- Recommend improvements to established processes and implement the approved changes.
- Make the required changes in the POS system utilising the provided tools, as needed.
- Perform necessary testing of all changes, as needed.
- Provide regular project status updates on the menu build.
- Receive, organise and maintain all POS menu requests.
- Responsible for undertaking the system handover with clients.
- Maintain excellent client relationships.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Client Training
- To plan and facilitate training for clients in our Milton Keynes training facility or at the client’s venue
- To liaise with clients for bespoke requirements, equipment required, location type for on-site training
- To send out agenda, location map and joining instructions to clients
- To write and update training manuals
- Provide, design and implement internal training as required
- To identify training requirements (internal and clients)
3. User Acceptance Testing
- To plan and facilitate the UAT with the clients at TISSL HQ
- To prepare the system in the hosting facility in preparation for the UAT
- To introduce the clients to their bespoke hardware and software setup
- To methodically process activity through the system to ensure the client is satisfied with the outcome
- To log all changes on the UAT log sheet and rectify in the client’s presence
- To obtain the UAT signoff from the client upon completion/implementation of changes
4. System Handover
- Arrange System Handover at client’s location
- Inform clients on purpose of System Handover
- Check system is working properly eg. printing to correct locations, employees set up, help clients with minor data changes required
- Make system changes as required by clients
- Be available to help the client through the first service period (including out of hours)
- Make sure clients are comfortable with cashing up
- Make sure the client is satisfied with installation and data-build
- Obtain System Handover sign off and discuss with the client the handover Sign Off document
- Inform Support when Handover is finished
- Report any issues arising from Handover
- Update Logistics details
- Knowledge of Windows versions and software applications used
- Intermediate computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems
- Experience of a client-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as alone and unsupervised
- Flexibility, to change work priorities at short notice
- Good timekeeping
- Professional image and smart appearance
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to forward plan
- Attention to detail
- Diplomacy and discretion with clients and client information
- Ability to learn and gain experience from a new situation
How to apply?
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com including an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter.