The Senior Helpdesk Analyst provides a single point of contact for clients to receive support and maintenance within the organisation’s EPoS environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all software and hardware (including but not limited to PC, terminals and printers) to ensure optimal performance. The Senior Helpdesk Analyst will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate manner, and provide assistance where required. The Senior Analyst will lead a team and run the Helpdesk on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot EPoS Applications hosted on Windows platform
- Ensure EPoS computers interconnect seamlessly
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of EPoS, Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime
- Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment
- Requesting and coordinating vendor support
- Assisting client with queries relating to stock package
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshooting for printers, EPoS hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Customize EPoS software to meet user specifications and venue standards
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client that has authorised access to the network
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on EPoS systems as required
- Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk
- Run the Helpdesk and delegate/mentor the Helpdesk team on a regular basis.
- Possession of advanced troubleshooting skills
- User account administration, i.e. account creation and management and password resets on the EPoS system
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and EPoS hardware/software
- Familiarise clients on basic EPoS software, hardware and peripheral device operation
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems assigned to the Helpdesk Analyst
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the EPoS environment
- Works with other team members regarding new builds and upgrades
- Allocates field service resources and/or other resources where required
- Dealing with queries by following departmental procedures for fault resolution
- Operates within, enforces, and suggests modifications and additions to EPoS standards and guidelines
- Maintains and updates all records in the CRM system
- Develops sound understanding of EPoS operations and related applications as well as business related processes and procedures
- Develops technical knowledge of each system within the company profile and specialised knowledge of certain nominated areas
- Maintains adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software used to provide a high level of support
- Maintains and consistently demonstrates a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures
- Identifies trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests. When the restoration is beyond the scope of the Senior Helpdesk Analyst, the Senior Helpdesk Analyst will escalate the issue/problem to the Helpdesk Supervisor
- Any other duties which may be required and deemed appropriate to the level of the role
- To review operational processes, identify any abnormalities and update information as required
- To perform daily operational proactive tasks such as customer system checks, system backups, etc.
- To contribute the development of the Helpdesk’s knowledge base including the production of Self-Help Guides
- To take part in a shift support rota
- To undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as outlined by management
Experience/Knowledge and Skills
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories
- Ability to solve software and hardware problems
- Routers, switches and firewall experience.
- Knowledge of all software applications used within the organisation
- Able to operate within the client’s standard operating procedures
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware, software and networking, understanding technical IT issues and advising and recommending based on this understanding
- Able to work well under pressure and at a high work rate, managing workload effectively and professionally
- Ability to use initiative and diagnose a high proportion of customer’s problems without referral
- Understanding the escalation process in the event Priority 1 issues
How to apply?
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com including an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter.